Monday, July 16, 2012

WIRW 2012 Day 1


Here we are at the start of another race week down in Whidbey Island. A pretty thin representation of Okanagan sailors this year with only the two rocket 22's and our J80 Skye Rocket hosting our local sailors. It's my privilege to be able to helm the J80 as well as call tactics and trim main so I think I will stay quite busy for the week. We have a good crew but only three of us so the light air that is forecast for today is not all bad news. The owner of our boat is from Oak Harbor so a little insider knowledge of the race course also should not hurt. Looking out the window right now I see low cloud, no wind, and about 10 degrees. Several cool new boats down here this year including the 1 week old J70. I must admit that I look at the ease of with which she is trailered with great envy. Well off to breakfast and I will give a brief recap of the days events before I get lost in the fog that is the end of day rum tent.

M


No comments:

Post a Comment